Soreness on Left Breast Lower Outer Quadrant After Impact- 400cc Silicone Unders, 18 Mos Post Op. Did the Muscle/pocket Tear?

I have 400cc silicone implant unders, I'm 18 mos postop. During a recent chiropractic adjustment, I felt a really intense sharp pain and felt the implant go sideways inside my chest as the dr forcefully adjusted. The implant moved back to its original spot right away, there is no visible deformity or difference now. However, periodically its so sore that I have to push up and inwards on that implant to relieve the soreness. Should I be worried about a tear if there are no visible changes?

Capsular tear

+1

It is impossible to tell, but I think you could have torn the capsule. Do not get excited, as it will heal, but it may take 2-3 months for the tenderness to resolve. Wearing a push-up bra continuously may help. You should see your surgeon, or go back to your chiropractor.

If the manipulation was forceful enough to tear the capsule, could it rupture the implant? Probably not, but the only way to tell would be an MRI.

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Felt a pop at the time of a chiropractic manipulation.

+1

It is unlikely that your problem is related to a tear in the implant capsule.  More than likely this is minor trauma from the manipulation and should resolve with out problems.  If there is concern then see your plastic surgeon.