Advice for Decreasing Soreness from Invisalign?

My tongue is sore (like I burnt my tongue) from rubbing on the bottom tray. It's also sore on the bottom outside of my gums, in front. Is there something I can do to prevent this, and help where its already sore? Should trays be so rough in the front? It's driving me crazy. I'm on day 3 of 7 months. I don't want to give up on them already, but it's so hard to take my mind off how sore it is and how annoying. I use Biotene toothpaste and rinse to help. Any suggestions for this? Please help!

Get through the first tray.....it gets better

+3

If you can isolate the area in which it's ROUGH to your tongue actually on the tray then take a mild emory board from the pharmacy and smooth it out. Sometimes in the fabrication process of Invisalign there can be slightly rough edges in certain areas. I have advised my patients to "smooth" edges if they need to.

Atlanta Cosmetic Dentist