I have a sore throat and post nasal drip that wont go away. I am 9 weeks post op. When will it get better?

I had a deviated septom, hump removal and turbinate reduction 9 weeks post op, I have had a sore throat since my surgery and also have post nasal drip. I constantly eat cough drop , Is this common ? My voice sounds lower and rhaspy. talked to my doctor he said maybe viral didn't seem concerned.

Questions after Rhinoplasty

+1
Dear taylor777 , thank you for your question. It may take several months for swelling to subside after rhinoplasty. Here in San Diego, we follow our patients for one year to follow their healing. Consider following up with your surgeon to monitor your progress and see if any intervention is necessary. Rarely a second opinion may be in order. Best of Luck.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Postnasal drip after rhinoplasty

+1
Following rhinoplasty, especially after functional surgery including septoplasty, turbinate surgery or sinus surgery, it may take 3-4 months for the nasal airway to settle. Patients can complain of increased congestion, postnasal drip, or increased sensitivity of the nasal airway manifesting as crusting or very occasional mild bleeding.

Your symptoms maybe a normal sequelae of your surgery. It is good that you have been evaluated by your surgeon. A viral infection is a possibility. You should continue to follow-up with your surgeon and arrange to see your surgeon sooner is your symptoms worsen.  

Jamil Ahmad, MD