Sore Pea Sized Lump After Lower Blepharoplasty

Lower Blepharoplasty 1 month ago On the third week my right eye started to feel sore and begin to swell There is a lump about the size of a pea and black and blue under it. Went to my surgeon said he did not know he then tried to drain with a syringe, noting came out. He gave antibiotics

Incisional lump following blepharoplasty

+1

This appears to be a small localized infection along your incision.  Although uncommon it should respond nicely to warm soaks, drainage and antibiotics.  No one likes to experience problems after surgery however with time this should totally resolve.

Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Possible eyelid infection

+1

Eyelid infections are very unusual after routine eyelid surgery. The time line of this taking place 3 weeks after surgery also is atypical as by this time the area should be on its way to healing. But the raised, angry appearance is very suggestive of a small abscess.  The reason your surgeon was unable to draw anything with a syringe may have been that the contents have not yet formed into a fluid. Properly selected antibiotics and local warmth should help. if they do not, a small part of the incision may need to be opened to allow this process to empty and resolve.

Lower blepharoplasty

+1

It is difficult to assess from the photo.  The differential is infection/abscess vs. granuloma/inflammation.  A full ocular/orbital/eyelid examination is necessary.

Dr T.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon