What is This Sore on my Vagina From? (photo)

My bf and I had sex a couple of nights ago. He is my first partner and I went with him to get tested...he came out clean. What is this? Is it an STD? I have been a burning sensation when I pee, but I assumed it was UTI. The sore is very tender to touch...kinda feels like a paper-cut. It is also uncomfortable while walking and sometimes sitting down.

See your gynecologist

You should see your gynaecologist as soon as you can regarding this. It could be an STD that wasn't tested for. 

Sore on the Vagina

Based on the photography, you have what appears to be some laceration on the labia minora on the left hand side. Even if you have had your boyfriend tested for an STD doesn't mean that you have excluded all forms of STD. This could possibly be a herpetic type of lesion or it could also be something unrelated such as an inflammatory type skin condition. However you should see a Dermatologist to best determine what it is. Best of luck.

Sore on labia could be herpes. See her gynecologist soon as you can.

I am concerned about the sore on your labia. Your history of burning urination and the appearance of the sore could indicate an infection. You need to see your Gynecologist right away and be tested.

Please see your doctor soon.

What is This Sore on my Vagina From?

Thank you for your question and photograph. I think it would be in your best interest to see your ob/gyn for the ulcer on your left labia.  They can perform a thorough physical exam, and order the relevant tests to identify the cause of the sore.  

Sore on labia

You should see a gynecologist or dermatologist, looks like herpes. The sooner you get treated, the faster it will heal.

Laura A. Sudarsky, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Painful Sores, Ulcers on Labia

The most common sores on the labia are caused by herpes infections. They are characteristically flat, painful and last for about 1-2 weeks. Of course, there are many other things that can cause a similar sore. Contact your gynecologist.

Unusal sore on labia

Good afternoon!

judging form the information given, I am concerned about your lesion on your labia, I recommend an appointment with your Gynecologist soon.

I hope this helps

Robert Steely, MD