Sore Breasts 5 Months Post Augmentation

I had a breast augmentation 5 months ago, over the muscle. I still find it difficult to sleep and wake up feeling achey, as if I have pulled pectoral muscles. The pain subsides as the day goes on but I am still getting the odd sharp and shooting pain throughout the day. I got 315cc, from a cup to c/d cup. I was wondering if this is something I should worry about as I thought 5 months on it wouldnt still be painful?

Post Augmentation Pain

+2

In this case it is difficult to make an accurate diagnosis without a good in-person exam. You may be experiencing normal healing, which includes the formation of scar tissue. This process takes roughly 12 to 18 months to occur and may not occur evenly in both breasts. During that time the scar tissue can make you feel tight and one can experience these sharp and shooting pains.
In any case I would recommend a close follow up with your plastic surgeon to address your concerns. I hope this helps.

Good luck.

Sore Breasts 5 Months Post Augmentation

+1

There is a huge variability in the resolution of post surgery pain and other symptoms after breast augmentation. Five months is on the high end to still be bothered by anything other that the occasional twinge of discomfort.

Sometimes using anti-inflammatories will help, and trying a long acting one such as alleve will take the edge off and let you sleep. 

A visit to your surgeon is in order, though not too likely to find a cause, unless that cause is capsular contracture.

Thanks for your question, best wishes for continued recovery.