Sore Breast Implants After 12 Years?

I have had my saline implants for about 12 years..they look and feel great..only problem is the past 4 days they have been sore.. I have no pain just soreness on both breasts. It bothers me when I sleep on my side.. Should I be worried?? Thank you

Soreness likely muscular

+1

After 12 years the only thing that could be related to the implants would be capsular scar tissue. If the implants are soft and the shape of the breasts unchanged, then this would be unlikely. Sometimes after certain exercises the pectoralis muscle can be stretched and cause discomfort in the chest. This soreness should subside, but if it doesn't then I would seek evaluation by a Board Certified plastic surgeon in your area. Best of Luck!

Breast implants

+1

Just because you have implants, it does not mean soreness in the breast is related to the implants. You should see a Plastic Surgeon to be evaluated.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Sore Breast Implants after 12 Years

+1

So difficult to answer this.  Just because you have breast implants and pain in the chest or breasts does not mean that the implants are the cause.  Having said that, an exam would be necessary to rule out capsular contracture.

Soreness with implants

+1

Soreness of the chest with implants can be caused by so many different things. It may be a muscle strain, but could be more. If concerned, you should see a plastic surgeon.

Sore breasts 12 years after augmentation

+1

With a saline implant it seems very doubtful that there is an issue with the implants. Could you be pregnant?

Breast soreness 12 years after implants

+1
The fact that the soreness is bilateral may mean that you could have strained a muscle from exertion but this would just be speculation. You should have a physical examination to determine the cause of the achiness. While you could have capsular contracture, the cause could be hormonal or muscular as well.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Breast soreness

+1

Soreness in both of your breasts after such a long period of having a great outcome is unlikely related to your implants.  There are lots of reasons for sore breasts, from a pulled muscle to an irritated nerve to a condition in which your breast tissue can be tender.  

A followup with a plastic surgeon can be helpful in belaying your concerns, but I would also discuss this with your OB/GYN or primary care physician.

Adam David Lowenstein, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Breast Pain Not likely From Implants

+1
Twelve years out from surgery, your breast soreness is not likely from your implants. There are hormonal changes that can cause breast soreness and pain.  I would recommend discussing this matter with your OB/GYN and have a breast examination by a Plastic Surgeon to cover all your bases. Best wishes.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Sore Breasts 12 Years after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question, but it  is not be possible for online consultants to provide you with a precise diagnosis or meaningful advice. I would suggest that you seek consultation with your primary care physician,  who will be in the best position to advise you after a  full history and direct examination.

Breast implant associated problems that may cause “soreness” this far out include breast implant encapsulation (capsular contracture)  and/or breast implant displacement.

Sore Breast after 12 years?

+1

It is unlikely that you have sore breast from breast surgery 12 years ago, unless you have scar contractures.  I recommend a visit to your primary care physician to start to determine if your pain is caused by something else.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD