Sore Breast 2 Years After Breast Augmentation?

Breast augmentation surgery two years ago and my left breast is very sore and I am afraid I might need reconstructive surgery. What do you think is happening?

The left breast also hangs much lower and closer to my underarm. I'm very uncomfortable and scared to see my surgeon.

Long stading painful left breast

+1

Do not be scared of your surgeon. Schedule an appointment and discuss your concerns. Occasionally the llower lying breast may be the more painful breast so it is reasonable to consider doing a capsulorrhaphy on this breast alone.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/

See your surgeon for sore breast 2 year after augmentation

+1

You could have (amongst other problems) capsular contracture and/or a positioning problem in which your left implant lies close to a nerve. The only way to figure this out is to have your surgeon examine you and make recommendations.

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Definitely see your surgeon.

+1

It sounds as though you may have some degree of capsular contracture in the the breast that is giving you pain. You should see your surgeon to determine what is going on. Remember, your surgeon is there to help you through both your procedure and post operative healing process. I always want my patients to discuss ANY concerns that they have in regards to their surgery.

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

You should see a plastic surgeon

+1

I can understand that you are scared to see your plastic surgeon, Ipresume because you are afraid he/she would tell you that you need another surgery. It is best to see a plastic surgeon so that you can be examined and find out what your options are to help your situation. Your discomfort could be related to the laxity in the left breast tissues or it may be difficult to tell. If you chose to go to a different plastic surgeon for evaluation for what ever reason, try to have the information about your first surgery such as information about your implants for the evaluation. Best of luck.

Dr Edwards

Web reference: http://medwardsmd.com/plasticsurgery_questions1.html