Will Soprano Xl for Hair Removal Cause Hyperpigmentation in South Asians?

Hi i am a medium south asian colour (type 4/5) will soprano hair laser cause hyperpigmentaton?

+1

The Soprano is a wonderful laser for your skin type, however, keep in mind, it is impossible to predict who might have hyperpigmentation even with the same skin type.  It is my practice to always perform a test spot prior to treatment especially in darker skin types. Best of luck.

Dr. Malouf

Dallas Dermatologist

Soprana laser, laser hair removal, ethnic skin, south asian skin

+1

As a dermatologist with expertise in South Asian skin, I have used the soprano XL numerous times for hair removal. It is an 810 nm laser- thus the laser wavelenght will penetrate deep enough to destroy the hair follicles without interfering with the beautiful pigment in your skin! It should be used at proper fluences (energy) and with adequate cooling in order to protect your skin. In addition, you can insure the safety of your skin by not getting any sun for 2 -4 weeks before each laser hair removal session. I hope that helps :)

Mohiba Khan Tareen, MD
Minneapolis Dermatologic Surgeon