BEST TTuck Scar Treatments? (photo)

HI there, I am about 4 weeks Post-OP on my tummy tuck. I am very pleased with the results so far...the scar does have a thin raised line, the size of the stitches? I have very fair skin and don't get keloids. I have a doc who tells me I don't need to do anything for the scar, so his office is not a good source for treatments What are the best silicone sheets? cream products? thanks!!

Treatments for scars

+1

The fact that there are so many treatments available is an indication that no one treatment works for everyone. I recommend that my patients try several and find which works best for them. Good luck to you.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

BEST TTuck Scar Treatments?

+1

Just "goggle" scar therapies to find a multitude of options. Than do your research and try the one you think will work for you. 

Scars

+1

I suggest a combination of silicone gel sheeting at night for 12 hours and scar massage with cream in am.( I don't think any particular cream is best- silicone containing with emollients, botanicals probably fine.) Need to keep it up for at least 3 months post op. I also use steristrips for 4- 6 weeks. Having a slight ridge at this point in probably good as it will more than likely flatten in the next several weeks.

Glenn Lyle, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty scar

+1

Your incision looks very good for 4 weeks. The scar should settle down by itself. If the thin raised area feels hard, then silicone sheets is your best option. I also advise patients to masssage their scars using any type of moisturizing lotion twice daily until it settles down. Good luck!

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck scar treatment

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  Silicone sheeting is probably your best bet.  There is a new product that actually pulls your incision edged together.  Its called Embrace.  I have not tried it yet but that would also be a reasonable solition.  Its designed to be started at week 1-2 and continued for 8 weeks.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Scar treatment

+1

We use silicone strips by Oleeva. There are several manufacturers and my guess would be for that particular product, the quality is probably similar across the board

Michael Hueneke, MD