New Lumps Along TTuck Scar - 5 Weeks PostOp

Hi all, Well, 1 day after I posted asking about TTuck scar treaments, brand new lumps along my scar developed. My doc says 'its not typical, but temporary scar tissue along dissolving sutures". Is it really true it's temporary? Is it too early to say how it will resolve? Is silicone the best? Should I massage along scar? thanks sooo much for your input.

Abdo scar

+1

This is not that unusual and should settle over time. By that I mean 3-6 months and sometimes even longer. Gently massage the area with a moisturizing lotion. I don't think you need silicone sheets as this does not look like hypertrophy ( scar thickening ). It however will not hurt you using it.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck scars

+1

This is a normal looking wound for a tummy tuck. I recommend massage and paper tape or silicone sheeting for scar reduction. All of those ridges will lay down and be flat in 1 year.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

New lumps along TT scar

+1

Hi MoreFabulous.  The best person to give an opinion about your lumps is you surgeon, who performed your surgery, and has been able to examine you.  The "lumps" shown in your pictures seem to be fairly innocent.  I suspect that your surgeon is correct, and that they will resolve.  I have had some success with patients massaging scars with vit. E and/or cocoa butter, but I am not sure if the success is due to time, the massage, or the vitamin.   The massage regimen is 10 minutes 2-3 times per day for 6 weeks.

Lewis Ladocsi, MD, FACS
Richmond Plastic Surgeon