Sono Bello Laser Liposuction Vs. Traditional Liposuction Which is Better/which Option is the Better Choice for Lower Body?

I am concerned with going to Sono Bello & not receiving the results I want. I have this idea that traditional liposuction is the better way to get the results i want, but don't know this for sure. Why would one choose sono bello (laser lipo) over traditional lipo? Is it as effective? I would be doing my inner/outter thigh, banana roll area & knees. I am 5'3", 130 lbs most of my problem area is my saddle bag area. I only have the money to do this once & I want it done right. Please help :)

Sono Bello ?

+2

Sono Bello is an assembly line type group practice that uses many non qualified physicians. Some are Gynecologists, some Family Practice. They do have a few American Board of Plastic Surgery qualified physicians in there, but their philosophy is one of profit and quantity. Many of the patients do not see the physician until the day of the operation. Please do your home work and be aware! Sono Bello is not a type of liposuction. They happen to market the use of "Laser" or "Smart" Liposuction as a benefit of their services. There are no convincing scientific trials and evaluations that state that laser is any better than other modalities of liposuction such as Ultrasound or Power Assisted. The problem is that laser is dangerous. It creates exorbitant scarring and can truly harm the overlying tissue. Each month I have at least 3 catastrophic cases sent to me as a result of overuse of laser in liposuction. Do your homework and seek the help of a qualified plastic surgeon. The issues that can come about are IRREVERSIBLE.

Sono Bello or traditional

+2

Thank you for asking about where to do your liposuction.

1. Sonobello is a for--profit chain that offers liposuction with local anesthesia.
  2. You get a large dose of oral sedation, a lot of tumescent fluid,
  3. Local anesthesia liposuction hurts. The laser adds nothing to your result.
  4. You don't meet your liposuction surgeon until you come in for surgery. The money you pay chiefly goes for advertising and profit, not care.
  5. For a good, safe result - see a Board Certified surgeon, not a chain.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Do not let chain lipo mills or old traditional methods dissuade you from getting lipo done.

+2

There are many good lipo docs who happen to work for the more common chain lipo shops or who may still do the older traditional lipos under general anesthesia with the larger canulas out there who can actually do a decent job of liposuction. Having said this, a  large number of lipo experts do not use lasers or other gimmicky machines to do their lipo sculpting and no longer do gen. anesthesia for obvious reasons. Their yrs of experience, using tumescent local anesthesia, the smaller micro canulas, and their aesthestic eye are very important factors along with their ability to stand patients up and fine tune the results right then and there are what sets true lipo docs apart. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Sono Bello Laser Liposuction Vs. Traditional Liposuction

+2

There is little if any difference either way with liposuction equipment. It is totally dependent on the hands and brain working the equipment. An excellent surgeon at Sono Bello will get the same result as an excellent surgeon elsewhere. BUT there will be some places you go for a consult and they never say no, meaning they will tell you their treatment will work for anyone under any condition and the person telling you that is a high school grad acting as an intake consultant and you never see the doctor. If you find yourself in a situation like that you need to make a speedy exit. They will be more interested in separating you from your money than they are interested in separating you from your fat.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

+2

I would agree that you only want it done once.  I would say that it is always the surgeon who creates the results and not the type of liposuction.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Is Sono Bello "Laser" better than than "traditional liposuction"

+1

Hi Cheyla.... Wow! Your question just shows how a clever marketing campaign with literally hundreds of thousands of dollars spent on media advertising can give the impression that their method provides superior results. Sono Bello uses nothing different or special when compared to most body contouring practices. They cleverly use of the term "Tri Sculpt" as a proprietary procedure when it is nothing different than what is used in most practices these days. "Power Assisted", liposuction has been used by most of us for the past ten years. The use of the term "Tri Sculpt", resembles the term, "Tri Plex", from the latest Cynosure "Smart Lipo", laser asissted liposuction system, which they do not have. They use an older generation "Smart Lipo", system; state of the art, they are not. The "specialists", mostly, are not plastic surgeons and have had no background residency training  in body contouring or liposuction. The use of local anesthesia only, limits the amount of liposuction that can be done safely at one time without risk of lidocaine overdose such as occurred in their facility in Bellevue, Washington, resulting in a patient death. It can also be quite painful. They use high pressure sales tactics where patients see a "counselor", not the doctor, in their consultation who discusses and recommends the procedure to them. The diagnosis and recommendation of treatment for a medical condition should be made only by the physician. The use of laser-assisted liposuction is a good technique and I think that it does provide benefits over traditional liposuction when used properly and in areas that provide a higher degree of precision, with improvements in skin tightening, but good results can be obtained with traditional liposuction and the VASER device too. It is important to see and experienced and artistic plastic surgeon who has attention to detail and is not trying to get as many cases done as possible to increase profits.To paraphrase Forrest Gump's, "life is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you are gonna get"; Sono Bello is like a box of doctors, you never know who you're gonna get. Do your research and look for someone who is Board Certified by the Board of Plastic Surgeons, has hospital privileges for that procedure and is experienced with proven good results. 

David R. Stephens, MD

Is SonoBello's liposuction different than traditional liposuction?

+1

Sono Bello is a chain of liposuction clinics, not a unique method of doing liposuction. Many liposuction physicians use a laser for assistance during the procedure. I often use a laser, but not always. The use of a laser is not the most important factor; the skill and expertise of the surgeon is what matters. Liposuction is a fabulous procedure for the right person. The decision to have lipo should be made after a thorough and in-depth consultation with an experienced surgeon; not after meeting with a person hired by a company to sell liposuction.

For the best results, seek a highly experienced surgeon who will take the time with you to assess your needs and give you an explanation of the pros and cons of doing liposuction. Be sure that you have the opportunity to ask questions of the surgeon before you make a decision, not after you've signed up on the dotted line. It might be a recommendation to use a laser, but not each and every person needs to have laser-assistance with their liposuction.

Kimberly Finder, MD
San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction

+1

The term traditional liposuction really is a misnomer, the key to any liposuction is to remove the fat through suction. More recently, laser liposuction has been used to tighten the tissue that is left behind after removing the fat. It works well in continuity with liposuction. I personally always do the 2 together.....remove the fat (I suppose what you are calling "traditional liposuction") and then laser liposuction. I think it's the best of both worlds.

Louis Potyondy, MD
Tacoma Plastic Surgeon