Somnowell Retainers Recommended?

I will be getting retainers and have done some research. New to the market is Somnowell retainers. I would be interested in these because I do not like the idea of sleeping with plastic or acrylic, but is chrome cobalt alloy safe? They will last a life time (until something new comes on the market) and can be boiled, which I really like. Also, I cannot find any pictures of how they look. Can anyone help please?

All Metal Sleep Breathing Appliance

+1

You mention 'retainers' - this device is made to advance the lower jaw to open the airway for breathing disorders like snoring and sleep apnea.  It's not a retainer to hold the teeth in place after orthodontic treatment.

Your dentist can have her/his laboratory fabricate an all-metal retainer if that is what you are looking for - no reason to advance the lower jaw if you don't need that.

I can't find anywhere on the website if FDA has cleared the Somnowell for sale in the US.

The mechanism to advance the mandible is well-proven.  Having a metal framework will give it the durability you seek, as long as the teeth are stable - plastic can be adjusted where metal usually cannot.  Chrome cobalt is safe except for those with nickle allergies. Plastic can be kept fresh using UV sanitizers.

Hope this helps!

Bellevue Cosmetic Dentist