Is it safe to have lipo and BBL procedure on same day as travel?

I will be traveling for 6 hours. First leg of journey is 3 hours, with an hour layover and then another 3 to the DR. is it safe to have a BBL and lipo that same day?

Surgery and travel on same day?

+1

Absolutely not! You should not travel 6 hours on the day of sugery. There are many risks involved.

Surgery and travel

+1

I would caution against travel the day of a procedure. Specifically, liposuction is associated with a risk of blood clots. Traveling after a liposuction procedure the day of is dangerous. I have out of town patients stick around the area for a long weekend or week depending on the surgery and highly discourage flying within the first week.

David Shifrin, MD