Best Way to Get a More Defined Jaw Line?

My jaw line has no defintion. My lower jaw appears to be the same wdith as my neck, and though I'm not overweight I almost always appear have a double chin in photographs. What would be the best way for me to get a nice defined jaw line? Would jaw implants and some sort of lipo suction do the trick?

Bimaxillary orthognathic surgery with occlusal plane change

+1
for best result you should consider two jaw (bimaxillary) corrective jaw surgery (orthognathic surgery)
you have clearly repressive upper and lower face with poor upper lip support

Roseville Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Just advancement of chin

+1
you have small  lower jaw,  chin advancement will do more definite jaw line.

chin advacement is like this

1. using silicon
2. using bone  

Nara Kang, DDS
South Korea Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Answer

+1
looking at your profile your would likely need a lower jaw advancement and chin surgery. you could just choose the chin implant but in reality I would bet your occlusion is class 2 meaning your lower jaw is set back. You don't need lipo its a bone problem not tissue issue. 

Michael B. Barbick, DMD, MD
Saint Louis Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Jaw line

+1

Certainly genioplasty could help.  However, I see some maxillary deficiency (flatness of your cheek around base of the nose) on your profile picture.  This might mean that your maxilla is deficient and therefore it should be re-positioned forward, Once that is moved, then mandible has to move forward with it. The movement will improve your jaw line, neck issue and chin position. These are all asumptions of course, and without an X-ray and clinical examination, it is impossible to come up with a proper diagnosis.

Good luck

Majid Jamali, DMD
New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

More defined jaw line

+1

In order to achieve a more defined jawline I would advise either a chin implant or a minimal forward sliding genioplasty (this would mean reducing the risks of implant infection and rejection etc.)

I disagree that you need liposuction- this would have minimal if any effect on your jawline at your young age, the implant or genioplasty would strech your submental tissues to define the contour negating the need for liposuction.

However one would have to look at your teeth to see whether you have an increased overjet- if so a sagittal split osteotomy of your lower jaw may be of benefit.

Darryl Coombes, MBBS, BDS, FRCS, FDSRCS
London Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Options for a more defined jaw line

+1

According to the pictures, the best option for you to start with is a chin implant for the weak chin profile and mandibular retrusion. A conservative amount of liposuction in the neck would further define your jawline. 

Getting a more defined jawline

+1

I believe that you would benefit from a chin implant and some Slim Liposuction over the neck area. This would give a more angular appearance to the neck and jawline area as well as improve the balance between the forehead, nose and chin. However, further definition than this might require bone or implant placement along the mandibular border itself.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Jawline definition.

+1

Very conservative liposuction and a chin implant that extends across the pre jowl area will improve this quite a bit. You should make sure the surgeon has a great deal of experience and doesn't remove too much fat.

Define the Jawline with Neck Liposuction and Pre-Jowl/Chin Implant

+1

Hi,

Liposuction of your neck and jawline along with a possible chin-pre-jowl implant should give you nice definition of your jawline.  If more is needed then consider Sculptra injections.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Neck liposuction vs. jaw implants

+1

You are on the right track as one or both of those options would help. From the photo it is difficult to tell whether improvement would be greater with one vs. the other or both. The final recommendation would be dependent on the pinch thickness of the neck just below the jawline to get an idea of the amount and location of any excess fat at palpation of the jaw to see if it is smaller than average.

Aaron Stone, MD