Solutions for Recessed Chin? (photo)

Dear doctors, I have a recessed chin. My bite is okay so a lower jaw advancement is not an option. I had two (!) genioplasties so far, each with about 3mm advancement. Last time I even had some bone inserted into the labiomental crease to move it forward with the bone. Because of the deepening crease, any further advancement might not be an option. I'm thin so fat cannot be used in the crease, also not fillers, because they're not permanent. Thank you for your suggestions, I hope there's some.

Chin groove

+1

It sounds like you are most concerned about the "labiomental groove".  Fillers are the easiest method, by far, to correct this - and there are some long lasting ones, like Radiesse, which could work quite nicely here.  Alternatively, even slender people usually have enough fat *somewhere* on there body to get the few cc's needed for a fat transfer to this area.  So, I wouldn't rule out those two possibilities - they might actually be your best bet.

Labiomental crease

+1

Further augmentation of the chin will further deepen the labiomental sulcus(crease) as you have already experienced. There are limits to what plastic surgery can do and still have the patient look natural. The beauty of a chin implant is that it is easy to remove if it is unsatisfactory.

Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Solutions for recessed chin

+1

If your goal is to just make your chin more prominent, then you could have further augmentation with a chin implant.  If you're trying to also augment your labiomental crease, and you don't want to use an injectable filler, you could possibly have an implant surgically placed under the skin to help.  I would recommend a GoreTex implant for this.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon