Solutions for under eye bags?

I have eye bags and doctor wants to add fat from another part of my body to alleviate the problem. Is the a common solution? Is it effective?

Eyelid Fat Graft Usually Uses Eyelid Fat If Eye Bags Present

+2

Thank you for your question. Fat from other body areas, usually beneath the pubic area is often used to correct hollow eyes and dark circles under the eyes.

However in patients who have puffy eyes or eye bags that are caused by protrusion of the eyelid fat are usually treated by using the protruding fat to either reposition or place as a graft to plump the dark circles or hollow eye.

Be sure to discuss this with your surgeon. The surgeon may feel that there is in adequate fat causing your eye bags to use as a graft. I am sure your surgeon will be happy to discuss this with you.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/surgical-procedures/result-oriented-removal-of-dark-circles-under-the-eyes/

Fat transfer

+1

Depending on the anatomy of the patient, one can either remove fat, or more ideally reposition fat within the eyelid tear trough.

Depending on your cheek fat volume, fat grafting may also be used as an adjunctive technique.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fat transfer may help to fill in the tear trough.

+1

Photos would be very helpful here. If you have prolapsed orbital fat, or eye bags, and some hollowing below this, addition of fat to the area may help to smooth out the appearance. Depending on the amount of fat you have in the lid, your surgeon may want to remove some of this at the same time they are doing the transfer.

Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon