Solution for Treating Poor Cheek Bones and Scleral Show?

I was born with scleral show and flat cheek bone area under eye. Is there a non surgical way to fix this? Thanks!

Scleral show

+1

Scleral show can be present for a number of different reasons and sometimes more than one reason. This single view from an angle does not allow anyone to ascertain what the problems are so I cannot make any specific recommendation. It is not clear from the photo that your cheekbones are flat or how flat they are. The spectrum for procedures that can improve scleral show range from eyelid procedures to cheek implants and injectable fillers but it is not a one size fits all situation. You should consult with a couple of surgeons in your area, compare what each one says and then decide what you want to do. This is not the best forum for solving your particular problem based on this single photo.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Young and beautiful with sad eyes

+1

Dear Stacey
Please stay away from cheek implants, tear trough implants, etc.  These are one size fits all solutions.  You will do great with fillers.  I respectfully do not agree with Dr. Mayer (who is generally right on).  It is a personal thing.  I don't like Radiesse for this area.  The reason I don't like Radiasse for cheek and lower eyelid filling is that it cannot be adjusted like the hyaluronic acid fillers like Restylane and Perlane.  So if you developed a lump or bump with Radiesse, this cannot be adjusted.  Instead the HA fillers can be easily adjusted with the enzyme hyaluronidase.  These are powerful treatments that can last a year or two. 

Flat cheeks and scleral show

+1

It is difficult to address your problem without actually seeing you. I do a lot of cheek enhancement with injectable Radiesse. Cheek implant can be problematic but, you could go that route. From what i can see, you are very attractive and may be best advised to leave well enough alone>

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Flat cheeks and scleral show treatment.

+1

The short answer is yes and no. Fillers will improve the cheeks and last 2 -3 years. I doubt that at your age they will lift the cheek enough to improve your scleral show. Cheek implants are a permanent solution for the cheeks and may or may not improve your scleral show slightly. You can start with Radiesse and see if you like the results and later have cheek implants.