Need a Solution for my Different Acne Scars? (photo)

I have so many acne scars and big pores,I know there are so many technology there,but dont know which one fits me most.I wound not go for fraxel repair,cuz i have senstive skin and downtime is too long for me ..I want a permenant results .thanks

I have sveral deep ice pick scar on nose,some ligther ones on cheeckI know combination of punch excision and co2 laser are best solution,but my derm said that doing excision on nose is a bad option,he prefer me to do mixto co2 laser...is that really gonna help ice pick scars?I dont expect 100% improvement ,50% is good for me ....I am just afried it not work at all

TCA-CROSS for Pitted Acne Scars

+3

My recommendation for the pitted acne scars is the TCA- CROSS technique. Of all the treatment options, it has a relatively quick recovery and works well in all skin types, even if you have sensitive skin. A small amount of highly concentrated TCA solution is placed directly into individual acne scars. The scar is destroyed and the skin is regenerated to produce a smooth surface. Multiple treatments may be required to obtain optimal and permanent results.

Austin Dermatologic Surgeon

Hello

+1

In our office we have 2 lasers done together that would give you great results Profractional laser and micro laser peel.  If after that treatment you were looking for more we would recommend a mini face lift to stretch out your skin  from the scar that are deep. You should see a PS to help you give you permanent options for you situation. Good luck.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Pitted Scars

+1

Your best option is to consult with a board certified dermatologist to discuss different treatment options. These options include subcision combined with dermal fillers (i.e. restylane), the TCA cross method, as well as laser resurfacing. 

Jeffrey Fromowitz, MD, FAAD
Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

Acne scars treatment

+1

Best is to get a consultation with a dermatologist to discuss different treatment options: e.g. trichloracetic acid treatment (Cross method) can be effective for your acne scars.

Anatoli Freiman, MD
Toronto Dermatologist

Pitted Box Car Ice Pick Acne Scars

+1

I would consider TCA CROSS for the ice pick scars. Once they are more level then I would consider laser resurfacing and dermabrasion, etc.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of Pitted Acne Scars

+1

From what I can tell from the pictures, most of the scars appear to be pitted in nature. I do not recommend injectable filler or laser, but rather punch excision and/or electrosurgery. Both are excellent techniques to remove or improve these type of acne scars; but both require some healing which includes crusting and temporary discoloration.  I recommend you consult with a board-certified dermatologist experienced in treating acne scars and that you mention doing a test site treatment first. It is important that you see how it heals to make sure you are happy with the result before you have all of the scars treated.

Channing R. Barnett, MD