Best Solution for Butt Acne/scars That Leave Marks?

I get occasional breakouts on my butt, after the breakout are gone, it leaves a hyperpigmentation/markings. I'm so embarrass by it. What can I do to to treat and prevent pimples on the butt, and at the same time help fade the hyperpigmentation/markings that the pimple left behind?

Butt Acne marks and how to prevent

+1

You should be on vitamin a analogue for prevention applied to your but.. and topical antibiotics would be good to apply spot treatments. I would also consider oral antibiotics to help as well. For the pigmentation, there are several lightening topical products that can help as well.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

I'd recommend a visit to a dermatologist

+1

Body acne can be extremely hard to treat and I don't know one over-the-counter product that works. You need a prescription topical or oral medication. I'd recommend you see a dermatologist to be evaluated and treated. Additionally, what you're left with after the acne is post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH). It will resolve itself, but you need to get rid of the acne with appropriate medications first.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD