What is Best Solution for Breast Augmentation After Weight Loss? (photo)

Totally confused by all the information out there. I am 47 yo & have lost weight (about 35lbs) and my breast are sagging. Do not want to get a breast lift so am planning to get implants to fill them out and get a lift. (would love to wear a tank top without a bra to 'pack' the girls in. So do I get above the muscle or below? Would smooth or textured implants be better? Is saline or silicone best for long term health and results?

Breast augmentation after weight loss

+2

Breast augmentation after weight loss most often involves a lift because the volume loss and droop results in a nipple at or below the breast fold, and augmenation can push the nipple lower. Also we tend to favor a subglandular smooth gel implant as we get a better match with the implant and breast envelope so they move together and feel as one. If can accept the droop better than the scar follow your heart. A lift can always be done in the future.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Lift or No Lift

+2
If you want to address the sagging, you will need a breast lift. You may be a candidate for a short scar breast lift, but you will need to consult your plastic surgeon to be sure. It is a trade off, a scar (well concealed scar) for shape. Naturally, many women have reservations about having a scar but if your ultimate goal is to improve the sagging, there are very few options. Getting implants alone with no lift will make your breasts fuller but will not lift the breasts and will not allow you to wear a tank top without a bra.

Nia Banks, MD, PhD
Washington Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+2

The photos are most helpful and I appreciate the fact that you do not desire a lift, however, let me caution you and say that anyone who tells you that an augmentation in your case will "lift" your breast is giving you misinformation and you will be very disappointed in the outcome.  If you chose to go only with implants, your breasts will look like Snoopy's nose-very undesirable as the implants will only fill the upper pole of the breast with the sagging breast tissue below.  In all my years, I have never had one patient tell me that they regretted getting a lift either with or without implant in order to create more youthful and perkier looking breasts.  Think this over and take time to make your decision.  Good luck!

Edward J. Bednar, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Breast Surgery for "Sagging"

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Congratulations on your successful weight loss;  I would suggest you continue doing what you're doing until you have reached a long-term stable weight,  prior to proceeding with breast surgery.

At that point, personal consultation with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon will be helpful. Be careful:  if you try to get away with breast implants only to “lift” your breasts you may and am very disappointed. Unfortunately, the only way to really “lift"  the breasts  in your situation  is to undergo a breast lift operation.

Again, it will be critical for you to seek experienced/ethical advice;  if an  operation is proposed to you that sounds too good to be true it probably is.

Breast augmentation together with breast lift

+1

You will not get what you need before surgery - informed consent - from the internet. That is why you are confused and why you need to see one or more plastic surgeons face to face before undergoing surgery. Your posted photos do not include your shoulders, your are not standing up straight, they are not true fontal or side views and they are shot at a downward angle so they cannot be used to make any real recommendations. The only recommendation I can make is make an appointment to see a plastic surgeon for a consultation.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD