Solution to Congenital Dark Hollow Puffy Eyes? (photo)

Be honest, is there any way to really fix eye bags this bad and with such dark pigmentation? Have had them since I was little.. I do have terrible sinuses, but been on a topical nasal spray which has fixed my runny nose, but the eye bags just keep getting worse and worse. I've tried all the natural remedy crap, does nothing.. but never any sort of steroidal cream or anything from the pharmacist, mainly because I doubt they could really fix this.

Congenital Dark Hollow Puffy Eyes Require Arcus Release, Fat Grafting

+2

The puffiness you see is eyelid fat and the bulge is causing a shadow or dark circle under the eye. The eye looks hollow above the bulge because the protruding fat is higher that the upper part of the eyelid.

Transconjunctival Arcus Marginalis Release and Fat Grafting will help improve the look-see link below.

If you have pigment that is causing dark color it can be treated with topical creams and IPL.

This procedure works especially well on young males.

Pigmentation and bags under the eyes.

+1

A combination of transconjunctival blepharoplasty where fat is either removed or repostioned can help the puffiness under the eyes.  The skin can be resurfaced or treated with  a chemical peel to tighten it an improve its appearance.  Finally some patients benefit from restylane injections after blepharoplasty to fill in hollows knows as tear troughs.. Combinations of the above treatments will probably improve your situation significantly.  The pigment itself has limited treatment options but if eyelid puffiness and tear trough is corrected the pigment is less noticeable in most cases.

Philip Solomon, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Congenital dark circle improvement

+1

Apparently yo have a combination of pigmentation in the skin and also veins that are overly prominent in the fat bags or eyelid fat itself. The best treatment would be a transconjunctival lower blepharoplasty to remove the excess fatty tissue and veins in the fat bags and probably a resurfacing of the skin. There are no likely creams that will correct this problem. I hope this information helps.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon