Best Solution for Asymmetrical but Minor Drooping Brow?

I'm a 22 year old women who has had a problem with asymmetrical eyebrows for as long as I can remember. It's minor (I've never had anyone comment on it specifically) but it's really noticiable to me, especially when I haven't had enough sleep - then one of my eyelids sags slightly making my eyebrows/eyes look off balance. I've heard the Titan Laser can tighten skin but is it a realistic option for me being so young? And is it a good option for a minor non-invasive brow lift?

Eyebrow asymmetry is due to muscle activity or volume loss or both

+1

The position of the eyebrow is influenced by muscle activity and the amount of volume ( fat and bone). Asymmetry is common and many of us have slightly asymmetric faces. I will recommend the least invasive approach to help you as it is a change required is minimal and subtle.

Muscle activity can be altered with botox and volume can be enhanced with fillers. Hope this helps

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Uneven slightly drooping brow

+1
My first step in treatment of a minor problem is always the least invasive solution and, for the slight asymmetric drooping you mention, it would be Botox. Also, many people have slight facial asymmetry and you may now be more aware of this.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Eyebrow asymmetry

+1

Everyone has some eyebrow asymmetry.. In a young person, you may be better off treating it with Botox.

Asymmetrical Eyebrows

+1

As all other posters have suggested, submittng pictures would be very helpful in evaluating your asymmetry and suggesting possible treatment. Botox injections will provide an opportunity to see what can be achieved with temporary elevation of one brow.

Asymmetrical drooping brow solutions

+1

Without seeing a photo of you, it's hard to say for sure what would be best for you, but some elevation of the brow is usually possible with Botox so I might suggest this as a first trial procedure. Other treatments, most likely including surgery, should be considered by you and your surgeon together—particularly in view of your age. Your brow ptosis may increase with aging as could the sag of your eyelid so if nothing else a high quality photograph at this time does document for the future what changes occur. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who can take a look at you and work with you to create the best results for you specific anatomy.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Droopy brows and droopy eyelids

+1

You point out an important relationship between the eyelids and brows. Without seeing or examining your face, it is difficult to identify the problem and options. However, in many patients who think they have a drooping brow, the problem may, in fact be with a drooping upper eyelid, on the opposite side. A small amount of eyelid ptosis (drooping) may cause the brow on the same side to elevate -- as a normal physiologic compensatory response...the brain may just try to help that eye see. This may make the opposite brow appear low. I don't know if that is your case but just another thought for you (or your doctor) to consider.

Jeremiah P. Tao, MD
Irvine Oculoplastic Surgeon

Minor Brow ptosis and its management with Botulinum Toxin

+1

I would agree with Dr. Shafer when it comes to management of minor bw ptosis, I would consider contralateral use of Botulinum toxin.

Brow Asymmetry

+1

If you have slight brow asymmetry then I would suggest Botox Cosmetic treatment to help even out the level of the brows.  This would be the least invasive but very effective method.  You could have a brow lift, but this may be excessive.  If you post pictures, we may be able to give you more specific advice.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD