2 Weeks After Breast Reduction. Don't See Much Difference?

I have done man breast reduction two weeks ago in Poland.  This is my before and after breast reduction, I don't see much difference ? how can I tell it's not fat??

Male Breast Reduction - Early post op

+2

Hello. Thank you for the question and the photos. It is quite early to assess the result following surgery; I assume you had extensive liposuction to the chest area (from the photos I cannot see if you also had an open approach) and the area will probably be swollen. My advise would be to wait for 6 weeks and then, if the difference is still not or hardly visible, I would recommend to contact your surgeon.

All the best.

Andrea Marando

Manchester Plastic Surgeon

2 weeks Gynecomastia.

+1

Hello and thank you for your question.

Even with the photo, it is very difficult to see what was done. You are only 2 weeks post op and it is still too early to tell how you are healing. It may take several weeks to months for everything to settle. So one really can't make an accurate assessment of your outcome until such time.There is still a lot of swelling so please be patient. Follow up closely with your PS and take his professional advice.
Best of luck to you.

David Cangello, MD

Loss of swelling two weeks after gynecomastia surgery

+1

I can see your concerns and a revision might be indicated. However there still is a good bit of swelling in this needs to subside before passing any judgment.

Gynaecomastia correction

+1

Hi. thanks for posting the photographs. I agree that there does not seem to be a big difference at the moment, but these are early days. The swelling from surgery may take a few weeks to go. You should also ask your surgeon how much tissue was removed. Lastly, having surgery overseas may be cheaper, however I am sure that you did enough research on your surgeon. If the appearance does not improve in the next 3-4 months, you should see a Plastic Surgeon.

Anindya Lahiri, MBBS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Male Breast Reduction

+1

I would find out how much liposuction was performed first of all.  Sometimes, the breast tissue is too dense and may need direct excision.  In either case, it is too early to know how your result is going to be.  Continue to wear your garment at all times.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Breast Surgery

+1

The skin retraction can take a while. Assuming you had liposuction wait until 3 months to see where you are and at that point tell your surgeon what you like and dont like

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC