What Are Best Ways to Soften or Eliminate Deep Wrinkles on Lower Cheeks?

2 concepts

+1

There are 2 concepts of removing wrinkles. Either the excess loose skin causing the wrinkles has to be removed with surgery, with which a facelift would help for the cheek area; or treating the wrinkles via a laser resurfacing treatment, which may also need help by adding the volume with fillers while shrinking the skin with the laser.

Panama City Plastic Surgeon

Skin care, peels, lasers and fillers are all great for cheek wrinkles

+1

This is an interesting question because it can be addressed by different treatment modalities depending on what your needs are. Wrinkles and skin laxity are caused by the different processes that make up the aging face. Sun damage can cause pigmentary changes as well as decreased elastin and collagen, and with time our skin develops crepiness. Loss of fat and volume in the upper part of the face can cause deeper nasolabial folds as well as more pronounced jowling.

My first step is always to start with skin care- as I say- you will wash and moisturize your face every day so why not use better products than what you would buy in the drug store? We have had great results with topical Vitamin C's (I favor SkinCeuticals), as well as the new products with Proxylene such as La Roche Posay's Substaine or Skin ceutical's AGE Interruptor. Skin Medica Regenerating Serum has also been a favorite.

I then would consider chemical peels, or laser resurfacing procedures such as the Fraxel for people who want less down time or the Total FX by Lumenis, a fractionated CO2 laser which helps to eliminate lines and stimulate collagen growth.

Fillers are a wonderful alternative for replacing volume in cheeks, nasolabial folds as well as that space between your chin and those jowls- what we call the prejowl sulcus. Fillers are a virtually no downtime procedure with immediate results, and the fillers out today last between 8-12 months.

Finally, Thermage has been out a long time, and has evolved into better and more reliable treatments. This is a noninvasive, no downtime way to tighten the skin. It is so exciting to work in a time with so many options that can be tailored to fit your specific needs.

Cincinnati Dermatologist

Injectable Fillers are used to reduce the appearance of wrinkles on your cheeks.

+1

Injectable Fillers work by replacing volume in your face as you age. Injectable Fillers are injected into your wrinkles to diminish their appearance. There is typically no downtime, and your results are visible immediately. The longevity of your results depends on the filler. My experience has been that hyaluronic acid products like Restylane and Juvederm last over a year in some cases.

For permanent results you could consult a board-certified physician experienced in the serial puncture, microdroplet application of Silikon-1000.

I've attached a link to my Injectable Filler photos for your perusal.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/ProcedureNameID/692/PageID/4141

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon