How Can I Soften This Crease Between my Eyes? (photo)

I have a very unappealing wrinkle/crease between my eyes (how did I get it if I'm not 18 years old yet?) and I was wondering what procedure would best help make it less visible. Would I have to get Botox, fillers, laser treatment or dermabrasion? What would the prices range?

Get an eye exam and have your refraction checked if you are squinting

+1

As an ophthalmologist, I often see patients who have lines from excessive squinting to see clearly. While the botox will alleviate the lines temporarily. Addressing the underlying problem - a potential need for glasses for driving or using the computer - will result in a longer term solution.

Sacramento Oculoplastic Surgeon

Creases between eyes in young people

+1

The crease between the eyes can develop from a young age.  It is usually caused by excessive squinting.  Some patients have very thin muscles and the squinting can easily form a prominent crease between their eyes.  This is normally treated with 17-20 units of botulinum (e.g. Botox/Xeomin/Dysport (has different units)).

David P. Melamed, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist

Wrinkle/Crease Between Eyes for Young Patient

+1

Hi Daisy.  The first step would be Botox or Dysport.  While horizontal lines between the eyes can be tougher to treat, you look like a good candidate.  The procedure would need to be repeated every 3-4 months but hopefully it will take care of the issue you are concerned about.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Soften the horizontal crease between eyes.

+1

Hi,      There are seven muscles that depress the brow medially and the one that you have shown is call the procerus muscle.  You can place a few units of Bo-tox in the muscle and it should soften the area.  Hope this helps. I think if you are under 18 you should wait though ... Dr. Boxrud

Cynthia Boxrud, MD
Santa Monica Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox and possibly filler for between eyebrows

+1

The lines you are indicating in your pictures look like horizontal lines on the very top of the bridge of your nose.  This can be caused by frowning, squinting, or smiling.  This can be addressed with Botox in the procerus muscle and sometimes the muscles on the sides of the nose also need treatment.  If you don't get complete resolution, filler such as Juvederm can fill in the line.  Please talk with a board-certified doctor since this is an off label use for a teenager.   Botox treatment in that one area can range between $150-250 depending on the dose required.  Best of luck

Daniel Yamini, MD

Botox is the BEST for lines between eyebrows

+1

Although Botox is FDA approved for 18 years and older, most. 17 year olds can safely have it for their frown lines.  FDA approval only means it was only tested on patients 18 years and older, not that it isn't safe.  You are young enough that you may be able to permanently smooth that line after you've used Botox for over a year, if it breaks you of the habit of frowning/using that muscle. 

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for the "11 Lines"

+1

Botox will work beautifully to smooth out the wrinkles between your eyebrows. My patients refer to them as the "11 lines" because they look like the number 11.  Botox will primarily correct the lines caused when you contract your muscles (dynamic wrinkles). If the lines are present at rest, you may require a combination of botox and dermal fillers to achieve the best result. After repeated treatments, you will require less botox to achieve optimum results. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine the best treatment option for you.

Scott Farber, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Softening the crease between the eyes

+1

Generally speaking, the best way to reduce dynamic wrinkles such as the creases ("11"s) between the eyes is the use of Botox. This would be recommended for anyone over age 18. If the lines are present at rest, adding filler along with the Botox is a great option. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Under 18 and has a crease.

+1

Dear Daisygirl12,

Looking at your photo(s) the small crease is barely visible.  Botox is NOT recommended and is not FDA approved for anyone under 18.  When I assess for BTX treatment I look at the facial muscle movements when we are conversing.  Sometimes people are expressive using facial muscles around their eyes.  Also, make sure you are wearing sunglasses not only for  the effects of the skin, but squinting can reinforce the lines etched over time.

To generally answer you question, lasers work by burning or cutting into the dermis so that the skin can tighten around the wound causing the area to "re-heal" lifting the skin. 

Fillers treat by adding volume to the area (not too appealing between a lady's eyebrows). 

Make sure you are evaluated by a dermatologist who can give you advise as to the best treatment.

Good luck, take care.

Cheryl Eberting, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologist