I Have a Soft, Depressed Area Below on my Bridge. What's Up with That? (photo)

I had a primary rhinoplasty 3 weeks ago. I did not notice a bump on my bridge before but now, on profile view, I feel a soft depression right below where the bony part of my upper nose ends. It appears that I have a bump on my bridge but maybe it just looks this way because of the depressed area. My bones did not need to be broken after surgery nor did the upper lateral cartilages need to be separated from my septum. I did have my bridge brought down and my tip deprojected. Thanks!

I Have a Soft, Depressed Area Below on my Bridge. What's Up with That?

+1

Honestly, there's no way any of us here can tell you what that bump is from as we didn't do your Rhinoplasty.  At 3 weeks post Rhinoplasty it could be swelling or someting else.  You'll need to ask your Rhinoplasty Surgeon this question.  

Web reference: http://www.thepalmercodeinstitute.com

If the indentation in your nose does not go away, you may consider an Injectable Filler treatment.

+1

I read your concern and reviewed your photos. I see the bump and indentation on your nasal profile. The bump could just be swelling: 3 weeks is too soon to judge.

If this contour irregularity does not improve with time, you could consider having the indentation filled. I prefer to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

I hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph

Web reference: http://nonsurgicalrhinoplasty.net/

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Depressed Area Below My Bridge 3 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

+1

First, let me say that is is impossible to judge your result 3 weeks after rhinoplasty on the basis of pictures without an examination. Do you have an elevation of the bridge or a depression below the bridge? I don't know the answer and suggest you ask your surgeon.

Concerns after rhinoplasty

+1

It sounds like you are having concerns after your procedure.  Going through surgery is a significant event regardless of the operation that was performed.  Choosing an elective procedure, especially if for cosmetic reasons, only adds to the gravity.  If at any point after surgery one of my patients is worried, I would like to know.

I think many of the surgeons on this website would agree that if there is a concern in the postoperative period, large or small, they would like to know about it.  Please do not hesitate to contact your surgeon regarding your questions.

Hope this helps.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon