What do you think this soft area is, 5 weeks post Liposuction? (photos)

This is my second time getting lipo of my abs and back( 5 weeks ago) ( prior was one year ago )(both tradition lipo- same doctor ) . I am massaging . I have an area that is soft ( it's not a seroma - I had one last year so I am sure .) Could you look at pictures and advise me what you think it is ? My mid and lower abs are hard. Is this area in the pics un treated? Or is the area just healing and softening faster ? Or is swelling sometimes soft ? Not loose skin - I am healthy weight.

Still Fat After Liposuction

+1
Its impossible to tell what your issue is from these photos.  It appears you still have some fat and/or swelling in the area you are holding, which are very high up on the abdomen and over the ribs.  I typically liposuction that area, but some do not and may have thought you may not have needed it.  I would suggest speaking to your physician.  If the area was treated, it would still be swollen.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.

Loose skin after liposuction.

+1
I can't really tell from the photographs what the specific issue is. Areas untreated will be softer than those that are. Loose skin is a possibility after liposuction As there is no way to successfully shrink skin.

Healing after liposuction

+1
Thank you for your liposuction question.

• The area you are holding is over your ribs - it may not have been liposuctioned a second time or there may be no fat left, just loose skin. Skin is thick in this area.
  • So it could be healing faster, or not have been treated or be soft because of excess skin,
  • I do not see it in the photos except when you pinch it,
  • This makes it more likely to be loose skin after a previous liposuction.
  • Ask your surgeon - s/he should know for sure

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD