All the PS's I've Seen Suggest That I Should Get an Anatomical Implant Between 410-450cc, but Im Skeptical? (photo)

I'm 29, about 5'9" & I weight 150 lbs. My bra size is 80B I want to be 80C/D, my breasts sag & are hollow on top. I currently reside in Sofia, Bulgaria & I've seen 3 PS. They suggested an anatomical implant, submuscular placement in result I would get a natural fuller look.Their size suggestions varied from 410cc to 450cc; I wanted round implants, & any size would do as long as it gets me from a B to full C or D. Submuscular placement is what I want but not sure about the anatomical implants and the size?

Anatomical implants

+2

I like the anatomical implants and I use the anatomical implants ocassionaly. However, I think you will do very well with the submuscular placement of silicone moderate plus profile implants

Anatomic Breast Implants?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures. Your breast demonstrate a significant amount of rust tissue volume and a pleasant shape; you are at an excellent starting point for breast augmentation surgery. In my practice, I would recommend a round breast implant placed in the sub muscular ( dual plane) position.

One of the concerns that exists when shaped or anatomical breast implants are used involves the potential for  rotation or shifting of the breast implants  in the breast  implant pockets.  If this shifting/rotation occurs, the breast shape may change;  this change may necessitate further surgery to correct.

Select your plastic surgeon carefully. Communicate your goals clearly. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  In my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Anatomic implants do not provide as much upper pole fullness.

+2

Based on your photos and what you wish to achieve, I agree with your concerns about the anatomic implants.  The anatomic implants provide a more natural shape to a relatively flat breast by bringing more fullness to the lower half of the breast.  In your case, you already have plenty fullness in the lower half of the breast.  To gain more upper breast fullness, a round implant would be a better option.  RB

Ramin Behmand, MD

Anatomic vs. Round Implants

+2
An anatomic implant is designed to give you less upper breast fullness and more volume at the lower breast. The round implants tend to provide more upper breast fullness. If you are concerned about filling the hollow area on top of your breasts as you have mentioned, I think you'll be happier with the rounds.
Based on your body dimensions and bra size, I think that the implants that your plastic surgeons recommended will result in breasts that are larger than a full C or D. Placing sizers in a non-padded bra, especially a borrowed C or D cup bra will give you a better sense of which implant size will help to achieve your cup size goal. 

Gregory Park, MD

+2

Seek a few more in person opinions. The volume of implant sounds good but shape could be UHP or HP implants that are round. 

Round vs anatomical breast implant

+2

Based on the photos, you already have quite a bit of fullness at lower pole of your breasts. If you are looking to get more upper pole fullness then round implant is actually more suitable. Because of your height, you should be able to have 410cc to 450cc implants without looking excessively huge. Of course you should have measurement done during consultation to make sure it's a good fit.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Round implants help restore the upper breast pole fullness

+2

Dear Sherisue,

Thank you for sharing you photos.

It seems that you are on the right track considering the round implants instead of the "anatomical" ones to achieve upper breast pole fullness. 

As for the size, I recommend that you use the "rice test" where you fill 2 stocking with rice and stuff them underneath a sports bra you will be wearing; you can adjust the volume of the rice in the stocking to reach your desired appearance. The volume of rice that will give you the desired size would be measured and reported to your surgeon.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

No shape advantage for "anatomical" shaped implants over round implants, especially in the upper poles..

+2

Your instincts are correct.  Round implants would work well for you and there is no advantage in shaped "anatomic" implants, especially if you want fullness up top, which most women desire.  The highly-cohesive form-stable implants are commonly used in Europe, and are shaped (and you are in Bulgaria), but they are a little firmer than less-cohesive round silicone gel and saline implants (commonly used here in the U.S.).  Yes, submuscular placement is best.  With your existing B cup bra size a 450 cc implant will get you up into a D cup, so you might want to use a slightly smaller implants if you want a full C (but there is nothing wrong with a D cup size either if that is what you want).  Have a look at some women with similar breast sizes treated with round implants and see what you think.  I've attached a link to my website.

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Anatomic breast implants vs. round breast implants

+2

Anatomic breasts implants are not used much any more because all round implants look anatomic when a women is standing. An anatomic breast implant is flatter on the top, therefore if you have any sagging or loss of volume on the top an anatomic implant is not for you.

S. Sean Younai, MD, FACS

Round versus anatomical

+2

I agree with you that round implants would give you the upper pole fullness you lack. An anatomical implant would be less full up top and more full on the bottom, but you already have plenty of tissue below.

Armin Moshyedi, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon