Could This Be Residual Bump or a Callus? Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I am 7 and half weeks post operation, and there seems to be a slight bump that feels like bone along with cartilage towards the bottom. My surgeon said that it is likely a callus formation, but I would like to get other opinions on it. I asked for a slight scooped nose(not too much to still retain a masculine look) but this is not it and from the looks of it, my nose won't achieve that profile. Thanks in advance for your help. I am a 22 yr old male if that helps.

A small residual bump on the dorsum of the nose after rhinoplasty nothing to worry about at seven weeks

+1

You look to be on the right track for good result. The slight contour abnormalities easily explained by swelling.

Most likely postoperative swelling

+1

At 8 weeks postop, the slight bump that you have observed is most likely residual swelling from your surgery. As you continue to heal, you will very likely see improvement in your profile over the next several months. Thank you for sharing your photos and question. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

Callus after rhinoplasty?

+1

At this point in time you probably still have swelling and should give it a year to settle down.  Good luck.

Could This Be Residual Bump or a Callus? Rhinoplasty?

+1

Maybe but you have to wait at least 4 months after surgery to allow healing to occur. Than decide if you need a revision. 

+1

This early after rhinoplasty, it is premature to be concerned about the final result.   The swelling is going to be very prominent at this early stage.                         

Kenneth Hughes, MD                                                                                                          Los Angeles, CA

Nasal bump

+1

I am not exactly sure what bump you are talking about. But having said that only your surgeon will know what it is. As he/she did the operation and knows exactly your anatomy.

A callous only forms where the bone has been broken. You don't have any bone at the bottom of your nose. So not sure what your surgeon was referring to.

Either way, I wouldn't worry about it just yet, 7.5week is still early. 

Pouria Moradi, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon