Snoopy Deformity Even After a Lollipop Lift? (photo)

11 months after surgery I seem to have developed snoopy deformity. I had a large lollipop lift, but small implants 175cc and 200cc. My left breast feels contracted and sits high and slants down typical Snoopy style. Will I likely need another breast lift in my revision? Or will removal and a slightly bigger implant suffice?

Capsular Contracture Can Cause Snoopy Deformity After Breast Lift and Implants

+2

Thank you for your question. As others have pointed out an examination is necessary to make a recommendation. However there are two possibilities to consider:

1. Capsular Contracture or tightening of the Breast Implant Pocket can lft the Implant higher on the chest wall which allows the breast tissue and nipple to fall or be pushed into a snoopy deformity. An open Capsulotomy and pocket revision can allow the implant to fall into a better position and push the nipple forward and up, eliminating the snoopy deformity
  2. Inadequate elevation of the Nipple-Areolar complex during the Lollipop Mastopexy may have allowed the nipple and breast to fall downward over the Breast Implant into a snoopy deformity.

See your doctor for an exam and a discussion of revision.

Snoopy Deformity Even After a Lollipop Lift?

+1

Unfortunately this photo is not very helpful is showing the problem you describe. Holding the arm back is not a standard pose, and can distort an otherwise normal appearance. I do see some upper pole fullness that could be a finding with a capsular contracture, or of an implant that is too large, but that seems unlikely as your implant is rather small. 

A frontal view and side views with arms at the sides would be helpful in sorting this out. 

Thank  you for your question, best wishes. 

Snoopy Breasts after Breast Augmentation and Lift

+1

This situation can certainly happen, and this can be corrected with another breast lift.  It is difficult for me to tell the nature of your deformity from the single pic.

Revisionary Breast Surgery Necessary?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

Based on your description, it is possible that you will benefit from revisionary breast surgery. Exactly what procedure you will benefit from will depend on your physical examination and goals.  Making an accurate diagnosis will be critical in determining the best operation to achieve your goals. Careful communication of your goals will also be extremely important.

Therefore, you will be best off seeking consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience with revisionary breast surgery.  Again, during this process, communicate your goals clearly.  In my practice, I prefer the use of goal pictures to help with this communication process.

+1

Really ONLY a side view posted photo? Need more posted photos especially a frontal in order to recommend a plan for you. Otherwise seek in person opinions in your city. 

"Snoopy Dog" Breast? No

+1

I also do not see a "Snoopy Dog" deformity.  This typically happens when the native breast tissue is at the lower half of the implant.  You just have good upper pole fullness.  Consult with a couple of BC PS to review your concerns and goals.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Snoopy breast

+1

Your photo does not show a snoopy breast. If you actually have this condition, it is best to be evaluated in person.

Snoopy deformity

+1

Hi there,

Unfortunately the picture, with your arm back, doesn't let us really see what the appearance problem is.  I suspect though, that the implants might be high.  Your description sounds like you might have capsular contracture.

Best way forward is to have a consultation - preferably with your surgeon.  If you'd like another opinion, then that's a very reasonable thing too.

If you posted some frint view arms down and arms up, it might be possible ot make a more precise comment for you.

All the best!

Howard Webster, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Not a Snoopy deformity

+1

What your photo demonstrates is not a Snoopy defoemity.  Actually from the angle it is hard to tell what is going on other than excess upper pole fullness.  Maybe you have a capsular contracture going on.  Check with your doctor.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

It depends on what you would like to accomplish

+1

Hello

Thank you for the question and the photo.  What needs to be done next depends on what you would like to accomplish in terms of breast shape and volume.  I do not think what you have now in terms of breast shape that is shown in the photo is what is called snoopy deformity.  Snoopy deformity really indicates that the breast tissue and breast implant are not ideally situated over one another.  At 11 months and the majority of the healing has occurred.  If you feel you have to much upper pole fullness then revision to open up and lowered the pocket would be needed.  This may make the position of your areola appear slightly higher.  This would need a breast lift revision to address as well.  Because of the variables involved you will need to accurately define what breast shape and breast volume goal you would like to accomplish.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD