Snoopy Breast? Donut Lift? Augmentation? (photo)

Hello, after having 2 children and loosing the baby weight I have decided to get my breast back to their former if not better selves. I have sent away initial email queries for costs and info and the first response I have based on. My photos are that I have "snoopy" breasts and the PS recommends a lift around the areola. I REALLY didn't want a lift as I can scar quite badly. Below are pics of me and also somewhat of the result I'm hoping to get in a full rounded C cup. Currently I'm a small C.

"Snoopy" breasts

+1

A breast augmentation alone will add volume to your breasts but it will do nothing to change the basic shape of your breasts.  You would still have a snoopy breast after a breast augmentation alone.  A peri-areolar (aka, donut or Benelli) breast lift procedure would give you a perkier look to your breast.  You could do this with or without the addition of a breast implant.  The trade-off, as you mentioned, would be a scar around the periphery of your areola on each side.  Even though it is a scar, it is the most minimal scar you could have with a breast lift.

Tubular breast

+1

It is difficult in these pictures but it looks like you have tubular breasts.  If that is the case there may need to be some internal work required to score the lower pole.  You can stage the operation by doing an augmentation followed by a lift as a second operation if needed.  Staging a mastopexy augmentation will give more predictable results.  Know that combining an augmentation with a lift has a 20-30% revision risk associated with it.  Seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to assist in managing your options.

Gary A. Tuma, MD, FACS
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

'Snoopy' breasts

+1

I wouldn't necessarily characterize your breasts as a Snoopy's snout breast. That usually refers to breast tissue hanging below an implant. But that is probably what you will end up with if you do an augmentation without a lift. If you really are aiming at the post-op look in your last photo, it is not magic. It's simply anatomy. And you will need a lift. What kind of lift is up for debate as there are pros and cons for each. My sense, looking at the photos which may or may not reflect you in real life, is that you will need at least a vertical lift, if not now, then in the future.

Robin T. W. Yuan, M.D.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Breast Augmentation plus a Lift

+1

Thank you for your photos.  A breast augmentation would improve your breast shape.  You will need a breast lift to achieve the best breast shape possible.  I don't know if it will be similar to the picture you provided but YOU can improve YOUR breast shape!

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Choice is yours

+1
You can have either an augmentation only or a lift as well.  Adding a lift would improve the appearance but is not necessary.  Many women are scared of the extra scars and chose to have an augmentation alone.  Depending on your breast (physical exam... elasticity of the tissues) it is possible that over a prolonged time the lower tissue would strech and as the implant descends (with gravity... bottoming out) your appearance will improve.  However this may take a very long time.  Doing a lift now would allow to give you a better result now.  As to the donut lift... that really just repositions the nipple a little bit and doesn't really lift a breast.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast Augmentation for "snoopy breasts" with breast lift in Los Angeles

+1

Snoopy breasts or tubular looking breasts usually need to be lifted at the time of breast augmentation. The most common method of mastopexy for tubular breasts is a peri-areolar mastopexy which does not leave noticable scars.

S. Sean Younai, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation and issues

+1

Based solely on your photos, it looks like you would benefit from an augmentation and some sort of a lift.

TO LIFT OR NOT TO LIFT

+1

Thanks for the photos.  Your NAC (nipple/areolar complex) appears low on the breast mound. You would definitely benefit from a lift.  What type of lift would depend on  several factors such as your exact measurements, a complete examination and what size augmentation you are considering.  If you are not satisfied with the first consultation its always a good idea to get a second opinion.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Consider breast augmentation and purse-string areolaplasty (donut lift)

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  A breast augmentation alone will make your breasts bigger but it will not address the areola position or lower pole of the breast.  A donut lift is technically called a purse-string mastopexy but it is really more of an areolaplasty (areola lift).  A breast augmentation with a donut lift would provide a very nice result with the least amount of incisions.  A vertical incision in terms of a lollipop lift will provide the very best shape.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Breast Augmentation: But I Do Not Want a Lift

+1

Breast augmentation will not correct grade II or greater ptosis, or droop.  When breasts reach a certain level, only a breast lift will suffice.  I would definitely recommend breast augmentation and lift for you.  If you do the breast augmentation, you will be back in a few months wanting the lift.  The scars are a good trade in this situation.