Snoopy Breast Deformity? Or Something More? (photo)

I had breast augmentation 4 weeks ago, 450cc naturelle submuscular. My problem is the skin seems to be falling off my implant, and my nipples arent central at all they are very low. I was told a lift wasnt needed so whats going on? Why the sag and why the low nipples? My surgeon said my implants need to drop but the longer the time goes by the worse they look. Any suggestions?

Breast augmentation at 4 weeks post-op

+3

First, pre-op photos would be helpful.  Second you need to give them more time to settle. If the implants do not come down then you will likely need another operation.   If you had sagging breasts before surgery, then you may need a lift.

Breast Augmentation Snoopy Breast

+2

It is possible that you need a small lift to compensate but most would suggest you wait for the implants to fully settle.  This may take 2-4 months.  Sometimes the implants can provide a small lift but if you need more than 1-2 cm then you generally need a lift.

Eric Egozi, MD

May need more time.

+2

Hello. Four weeks is not enough time for the implants to settle. Your implants will not settle for about another two months and I would not be too worried about your outcome until then.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Lift likely needed

+1
4 weeks may be early, but in my opinion, you will need a vertical mastopexy (lollipop lift). Best to wait 3 months prior to making definitive decisions. See link to see the process.

Joel Patrick Maier, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Revisional surgery will probably be necessary but this should be postponed for several months.

+1

I don't think that settling of the implants will solve the "Snoopy" deformities of your breasts. However four weeks is too early to make a conclusive judgment. Continue to work your plastic surgeon.

Snoopy Breast Deformity?

+1

Some pre-op photos would be helpful.  They may show that a combined augmentation and lift might have been a better choice. 

At this point, there may still be some settling of the implants, and it makes sense to wait for that before making any decisions or plans. My guess is that you will do well to have a lift, but now would not be a good time--if the areolas are centered on the current implant position, and the implants continue to drop, are areolas will be too high and that is difficult to  fix. 

Stay in close touch with your surgeon. Best wishes. 

+1

Appears as if the surgeon might have made a poor pre operative decision. You needed a lifting. And this is the result of poor pre operative diagnosis and choice of operation. Sorry. But you will need additional surgery.