Is There a Plastic Surgeons in the Seattle/bellevue Area That Charges Around 8,000for a Tummy Tuck? (photo)

I am 5'2" 117 lbs, I work out but can't eliminate the skin or fix my belly button, no amount of exercise will achieve this, believe me I have tried! I am getting so frustrated, I am turning 40 in a few weeks and my husband has said that for my 40th we can get my tummy fixed he told me this 5 years ago after my youngest son was born, we have been saving but I don't think we still have enough:( I just want to know if this 8,000 price range is even out there? I have just started looking?

Is There a Plastic Surgeons in the Seattle/bellevue Area That Charges Around 8,000for a Tummy Tuck?

+1

Best way to find out is to call as many boarded PSs in Seattle and ask the fee range for TT. Yes $8,000 seems in the ball park. 

Is There a Plastic Surgeons in the Seattle/Bellevue Area That Charges Around 8,000for a Tummy Tuck?

+1

Congratulations on  achieving what you have achieved through diet and exercise. You will certainly benefit from tummy tuck surgery;  be careful about  the “mini” tummy tuck operation.  Even though you do not seem to have a lot of excess skin, I think close physical examination will reveal significant abdominal wall muscles laxity;  you will be much better off undergoing full tummy tuck surgery.

In my opinion, the mini tummy tuck is an  operation that  produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.
For most patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. Of course, there are downsides (including a longer scar and probably a longer recovery time) but for most patients the benefits outweigh the downsides.

Find the best plastic surgeons in your area;  make sure that he/she can demonstrate significant experience achieving the results you are looking for.  You will find that the cost of surgery will be around what you have saved for, or moderately higher.  Do not base your selection of plastic surgeon mainly on cost of surgery.

Some additional words of advice may be helpful to you,  given that these operations are associated with a significant physical and ( often) emotional recovery that is underestimated by patients and surgeons:
1. Make sure you are doing the procedure for the right reasons (for yourself)  and that you have realistic expectations.  Be aware that an improvement in the “problem area” may not translate to an overall improvement in your life   situation.  You are bound to be disappointed with results of the procedure if your motivation for doing the surgery is not internally driven.

2. Time your surgery carefully; generally, it is not a good idea to have surgery done during or immediately after a stressful period in life (for example divorce or death of a loved one). The additional stress of surgery will undoubtedly be  more challenging to deal with if a patient's emotional reserves our already exhausted. Remember, that an improvement in your physical appearance will not translate to an improvement in your life situation.

3. If possible speak to patients who have undergone similar procedures and query them about the toughest times of their recovery period. Any practical hints previous patients can provide may be very helpful.

4. Make sure you are aware of potential complications that may arise how to reach your surgeon if necessary.
5. Make sure you have a strong and patient support system (several people if possible) in place who have time/patience to take care of you. Arrange for professional nursing if any doubt exists regarding the availability and/or stamina  of your caretakers.

6. Be patient with the healing process, understanding that it will take several weeks to months to feel “normal” again. It may also take many months/year to see the end results of your surgery.

7. Be prepared to distract your mind with things of interest such as books, magazines, and movies.

8. Expect less of yourself; do not go back to work, school or chores too early and let others take care of you (for a change).

9. Pick your surgeon carefully (a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon) and trust in his/her advice. Keep in close communication with your surgeon and do not hesitate to communicate questions/concerns and the   emotional swings that you may experience.

10. Resume all medications that you were using preoperatively when cleared by your plastic surgeon and stop the use of narcotics and sedatives as soon as feasible after surgery.

11. Keep in mind the end results as you go through the tougher emotional times after your surgery.  
I hope this, and attached link, helps.

Choose tummy tuck surgeon based on experience more than fees

+1

Realizing that the cost is significant, it should not be the most important factor in choosing a plastic surgeon. However, you should be able to find a qualified plastic surgeon in the price range you are considering. Fees vary depending on several factors, one of which is simply the cost of doing business in different communities (Bellevue being on the more expensive end.) From the photos, you might do well with a mini-abdominoplasty with an umbilical float, but an in-person exam is needed in order to make a definitive recommendation.

Richard Baxter, MD

Is There a Plastic Surgeons in the Seattle/bellevue Area That Charges Around 8,000 for a Tummy Tuck?

+1

There are very good surgeons who perform tummy tucks for about $8000 out there.  I must say though that looking at your pictures I would have some doubt as to how much skin could be removed from you.  An exam would be better than pictures.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Is There a Plastic Surgeons in the Seattle/bellevue Area That Charges Around 8,000 for a Tummy Tuck

+1

Thank you for your question and for the attached photos. Average fees in this area run 8-10,000 for an uncomplicated TT, so you are in the range. From the photos this looks like an uncomplicated one. 

When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes