Why Does my Left Breast Look Fuller and Bigger Than my Right? (photo)

I had BA 7 days ago and for some reason my left breast has been more sore than my right after looking at my pic it looks like my left breast Is bigger than my right as in fuller is that normal my PS said it could be bc I use my right hand more than my left ! Am I worrying over nothing ?

Give it time

+1

Hello. A month and two weeks is not near enough time for the implants to.Your implants will not settle for about another three to four months and I would not be too worried about your outcome until then. Until then the best thing you can do to help them settle would be to massage and continue using any compressive dressings your surgeon had provided
Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Why Does my Left Breast Look Fuller and Bigger Than my Right?

+1

Since this could be a seroma or hematoma, either of which will need to be addressed, a visit to your surgeon is far more valuable than collecting on line opinions. 

Alternatives include different preop size (preop photos would have been helpful) difference, swelling, differential position due to  muscle tightness. 

If there is not fluid collection, and the breasts were even before surgery, expect resolution as swelling resolves and the implants settle.

All the best. 

Why Does my Left Breast Look Fuller and Bigger Than my Right

+1

One breast may swell more than the other during the early post op phase.  I would discuss this with your surgeon.  You probably had some asymmetry prior to surgery.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augentation- symmetry questions on day 7

+1

During the early time around surgery, I recommend reviewing your preoperative photos.  Much of your asymmetry was likely there preoperatively.  The left breast implant on the photo provided does seem slightly bigger however reviewing your preop photos may clarify what is going on.  A visit to your surgeon is probably on the schedule so make sure you ask him/her if there is anything to worry about. 

Stefan Mark Szczerba, MD

Early in post operative period

+1

It is very early in your recovery process and it is very common for one side to swell more the the other.

Follow with your surgeon.

Good luck

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Your surgeon should be the that examines you and answers your question

+1

You may have normal swelling it is common to have more swelling in left breat for right handed patients. Please see your surgeon for better evaluation. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Difference in size of two breasts after surgery

+1

First, it would be helpful to have seen pre-op photos. Assuming the two were the same size before, it may represent differential swelling or a hematoms.  Best to be seen by your surgeon.

Breast asymmetry immediately after surgery could be due to several reasons

+1
You are 7 days after surgery and so the simple thing that could be going on is excess swelling on one side (that may have been a bigger breast to start with), or you could be showing a fluid collection (serous body fluid or blood) that is expanding your left breast.  At this time it's best that you see your plastic surgeon for an in-person evaluation

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast Fuller and Bigger 7 Days after Breast Augmentation

+1

In the absence of hematoma or fluid collection, there may be asymmetric swelling.  One side of the chest wall may be larger than the other and this may not have been appreciated prior to surgery.  As long as hematoma and fluid collection are ruled out, there is not much to do but see how the result evolves.  Followup with your plastic surgeon.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Could be hand usage; could be hematoma!

+1

Your surgeon is your best resource and has already given you one possible cause for this visible degree of asymmetry, but I must respectfully submit that this could also be a collection of blood (hematoma) within the pocket. Your surgeon knows this, and each of us may have a natural reluctance to admit this, since it then requires re-operation (who pays for that?)

If your implants move symmetrically (equal space in each of the pockets), then this could indeed be simply asymmetric swelling, and hand usage could be the cause.

But if there was a small to moderate amount of bleeding inside your left implant pocket, your surgeon would likely want to evacuate this blood to minimize the potential increased risk for capsular contracture.

I'd follow-up carefully and frequently with your surgeon and express your concerns if the breast feels hard, the implant moves less than the other side, or if swelling does not go down (or increases). To me this seems just a tad more than swelling alone, but your surgeon has the advantage of direct examination. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon