How Long Do I Wait Until I Can Start Taking Fat Burners and Supplements?

I had a BA 7 days ago how long do I need to wait before taking my fat burners, fish oil and my other body supplements? Thank you

When Can I Resume Supplements/Fat Burners?

+1

I recommend staying off of any blood thinning supplements like fish oil at least 2 weeks pre-op and 2 weeks post-operatively.   As for diet pills, I ask patients to discontinue taking these 1 month pre-op and 1 month post-op.  Every surgeon is different so it is best to ask your surgeon what he recommends as he/she knows your health history.

Irvine Plastic Surgeon

How Long Do I Wait Until I Can Start Taking Fat Burners and Supplements

+1

This question should be addressed to your surgeon who has followed your recovery, and who can ask the specifics about the products you use. Things like fish oil can increase bleeding risk, so these may not be harmless. All the best. 

Talk To Your Surgeon Before Taking Any Supplements After Breast Augmentation

+1

Before taking anything, please speak to your surgeon. They should know if it’s safe for you to do so, since they know your medical history and the medications you may be taking right now. There expertise is the only way you can be sure when it’s safe for you to start taking your supplements.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Three weeks to six weeks after surgery

+1

As far as I am aware there are no scientific studies to actually confirm the time after surgery. But since you just had surgery and do not want to take any chances a 3 to 6 week period would be a good time. By that time the capsule forming around the implant should be established enough to reduce the chances of bleeding. Check with your surgeon to be sure.

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation at 7 Days Postop and Resuming Fish Oil

+1

I would run all of these things by your plastic surgeon, because they may increase bleeding risk as in the case of fish oil.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Supplements After Surgery

+1

Thank you for the question. At this point it should be acceptable to begin with your supplements. Having said that, every surgeon has their own take on when it is safe to start supplements so it would be wise to ask your surgeon. Good luck.

Pedro M. Soler, Jr., MD

Resuming Supplements after Breast Augmentation Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question. Personally, I do not think that there will be any problem with you resuming supplements at this point after breast augmentation surgery. However, always best to check with your chosen plastic surgeon about specifics.