Sniffing Harm Rhinoplasty?

One month ago I had a Rhinoplasty with a nasal graft to help me with breathing issues I was having. I am still very congested or maybe I just have a nervous habit of sniffing, but regardless I am sniffing a lot. Will all this sniffing be harmful to my procedure? Thank you for your time.

Sniffing Harm Rhinoplasty?

+1

Dear Vikings,

No, your sniffing should not be harmful to the procedure.

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Sniffing after rhinoplasty

+1

Your nose is still healing.  It will take more time to settle down and for you to see the improvement in breathing.   Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Grafting with rhinoplasty

+1

It is not uncommon to have these issues one month following your procedure.  It will require 9-12 months in order to  see your final result.  If you had "breathing issues" for a prolonged amount of time prior to surgery, your final result may be delayed and reduced.  Regardless, "sniffing a lot" is unlikely to be harmful to your procedure.  As always, it is important to consult with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon regarding your issues.

Jarrod Little, MD

Sniffing Harm Rhinoplasty?

+1

The pressure created from sniffing is low in comparison to the pressure created in blowing your nose or sneezing.  At one month, sniffing should not have much of an effect.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Sniffing and rhinoplasty

+1

Sniffing will not harm your results from rhinoplasty surgery. You are more than likely swollen internally and this can take months to improve.

Sniffling will not harm a rhinoplasty

+1

Sniffling would not cause any harm to your rhinoplasty.  You may want to ask your surgeon for advice about using nasal drops or an antihistamine.