Smoothbeam Post-op Blister Care Information Needed

I had Smoothbeam done for the second time yesterday. After an hour, I got 7 blisters on my jaw(bullae). I called the office and was told to put Bacitracin on the blisters and leave 'em alone. I haven't even washed my face since yesterday. This morning the biggest one got bigger and popped by itself. It wept. Now I am afraid that I will have a permanent scar on that spot. What can I do once the blister has popped? How do I minimize scar formation? Blister = Scar?

Blisters after Laser Treatment

+1

Blisters occur sometimes even with many years of treatment experience. It sounds like the office gave you good initial advice. Keeping an ointment like Bacitracin or Aquaphor will help protect the blistered skin. Apply 3-4 times a day.

One of the most important things to do is to protect the healing skin from sun exposure. Whenever the skin has been irritated and is red or pink, any sun exposure is likely to cause excessive pigmentation in that area as it heals. So stay out of the sun and use a facial sunscreen as a back-up.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon