How to Smooth Lumps in the Buttock After Hydrogel Injections??

I had hydrogel injected into my buttocks about 6 years ago, and while I don't feel anything my butt has become very hard, it is lumpy in the spots where I had the hydrogel injected. Can anything be done to smooth the lumps out for a more natural feel??

+2
   Hardened lumps can be surgically removed, and I have had to remove some types of materials in patients bothered by these injections.

Hydrogel Buttock Augmentation Complications

+1

Unfortunately irregularity and hardening are very common complications after "hydrogel" buttock augmentation.  As unfortunate is the fact that there is no good solution for the problem other that surgically excising any areas that eventually become painful.  I would not recommend fat grafting either because of the risk of fat necrosis (not surviving) and subsequent infection.  Hope this helps some...RAS

Ryan Stanton, MD