Had Botox For Crows Feet, But Would Like To Smooth Wrinkles Under Eyes, and All Around?

I've recently had botox for crow's feet and I'm pleased with the results (I'm 36). However, I would like to have a total smooth eye area. Now I still have under eye wrinkles, lines under my inner eye corner and 'creping'. I see movie stars without it, so I know it's possible to do something about those last three. The question is: what? Fillers (Restylane?) (Fraxel) laser? Something else? Thank you!

Crepiness around lower eyelid skin better treated with laser than botox

+1

often there is too much risk of treating the lower eyelid skin with botox to improve the crepiness or fine lines as there can be swelling or droopiness after botox in that area.  chemical peels and Fraxel Repair, or Portrait plasma resurfacing can help.

Treatments to smooth under eye wrinkles

+1

Crepiness of the lower eyelid skin can be improved with fractionated CO2 lasers. You should be evaluated to make sure you are a good candidate for the procedure. Good luck.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Under eye wrinkles

+1

I would avoid Botox along the lower lid region, it will weaken the muscle and may make it difficult to  close and potentially cause an ectropion.  Loos skin can be treated w ith skin excision, fine lines may be amenable to some lasers. Hard to say without an exam.

Botox is great for under eye wrinkles

+1

Botox works great for under eye wrinkles.  Its an off label use of Botox.  You only need a few units directly under the eye to smooth out that skin.  It doesn't work for everyone, but patients who tend to "scrunch" their muscle in that area it works great.  I do it myself in that area directly under the eye and I love it.  Main side effects are bruising and you need to wear sunglasses regularly because it can be a little harder to squint.  Make sure your practioner knows what they are doing.  Some doctors won't inject so close to the eye, your doctor has to be comfortable with it.  I would do Botox first, and if it isn't enough, you can consider other options. 

Rebecca Baxt, MD
Paramus Dermatologist

Under the eye treatment - consider combintion approach

+1

Treating wrinkles under the eyes is not as straightforward as treating crow's feet areas.  Selecting the correct approach would depend on several factors, such as laxity of skin, degree of volume loss, etc..  Fillers, Fractional lasers, Botox, and even Yltherapy are all reasonable choices. These treatment should be selected carefully as it can easily lead to adverse effects in that regkon.  In my experience, a combination approach that uses two or more of above therapies have given the most consistent results.

Chang Son, MD
Fort Lee Dermatologist