Smoking Weed 1.5 Weeks Post Tummy Tummy Damaging?

Will Smoking Weed One Time,one Anf 1/2 Weeks After a Tummytuck Affect You?

Smoking after tummy tuck

+2

You have spent thousands of dollars and you are asking if it is risky to smoke after being told not to. Any smoking is harmful to the freshly operated skin, even a single cigarette/joint weeks later. If your skin gets a wound problem or if it dies there is no one else to blame but yourself.

Chapel Hill Plastic Surgeon

Smoking Weed after Tummy Tuck?

+1

I think the fact that you are asking the question suggests that you are aware that smoking of any kind is probably not a good idea after tummy tuck surgery. I would suggest that you avoid any unnecessary risk/substance that could jeopardize the results of your surgery.

Tummy Tuck

+1

Hi

I don't believe that doing it once or a week and half before surgery should affect your overall healing process. I would try to stay off everything to get your blood clotting system back to normal so you won’t have any potential anesthesia complications.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Smoking after a tummy tuck is risky.

+1

We tell all of our patients to avoid ANY smoking after this surgery. Your plastic surgeon and you are both aware of the increased risk of delayed wound healing with cigarette smoking,   Marijuana, if it is smoked, probably poses the same risks in the early post-operative period.  I strongly suggest that you revisit this issue with your plastic surgeon now...

Best Regards,

Douglas J. Raskin, MD, DMD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Smoking Weed 1.5 Weeks Post Tummy Tummy Damaging

+1

The nature of your question suggests that you know the risks posed with smoking either weed or cigarettes. It is best to avoid any and all smoking due to the harmful affects on operated skin. One smoke tends to lead to many others.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS