Instead of Smoking Marijuana Prior to Rhinoplasty Can I Use Edibles? Will It Affect my Results?

I know I am to quit smoking marijuana before the surgery and after but I am just wondering if I had some edibles if that would affect my results ? I am to have surgery in 3 weeks and I don't want to do anything to affect my results as I am getting a revision done because another doctor messed up my nose, but I am having an awful time trying to sleep at night cutting the marijuana out is there. Any and all answers are very much appreciated :) thank you very much

+2

Edibles would not effect the Rhinoplasty as it's the contents of inhaled smoke that's the issue IMHO.  However, it's best for you to ask your Rhinoplasty Surgeon.

Smoking Marijuana vs Edibles Prior to Rhinoplasty

+1

I don't recommend marijuana, regardless of the method of delivery prior to surgery. If you need something for sleep, ask your surgeon to prescribe a sleeping pill for a short time.

Marijuana

+1

While smoking any substance can goes wound healing issues, marijuana itself may affect other things like anesthetics.  I would not recommend either smoking or eating marijuana ( even if it is for medicianl purposes) prior to surgery..