Smoking Medical Marijuana After Rhinoplasty Surgery?

I live in California where medical marijuana is legal. I had a rhinoplasty one week ago and am wondering when I can resume smoking medical marijuana. Is one week enough or should I wait longer?

Smoking Marijuana after Rhinoplasty

+2

It is important to avoid smoking of any kind after any surgery because it will interfere with the healing process.  More broadly, any medication that can interfere with clotting or perfusion ( the ability for blood to get to an area) is to be avoided. This will interfere with the natural healing process and can delayed healing and scar formation.  The majority of the healing is over by 6 weeks, so if you can wait until then, that's the best.  But if not, then at least 2 weeks.  Best, Dr. Phil