Smoking Before Breast Augmentation Surgery

I am scheduled for breast implant surgery on July 14th, I quit smoking on June 29th and it is so hard so I did smoke 1 cigarette on july 4th and none since will everything be ok?

Smoking and breast augmentation.

+1

As you can imagine, smoking is bad for breast augmentation, (and surgery in general). When one takes a drag on a cigarette, the chemicals cause vasoconstriction. Wound healing is all about getting blood flow and oxygen to the tissue. I believe that you will find that each doctor may have a different opinion as to how long you need to be off cigarettes. Some will test for nicotine in the system. Best to talk with a board certified plastic surgeon. Also best to quit smoking, (for a variety of other health reasons as well).

Web reference: http://www.jjrothmd.com/procedures/breast-augmentation

Smoking and Breast Augmentation

+1

I typically recommend the cessation of smoking for one month prior to any elective procedure and for at least 6 weeks following the procedure.  Kenneth Hughes breast augmentation Los Angeles, CA