Smoking and Rhinoplasty?

I had rhinoplasty on 31st of jan and I didn't know that I have to quit smoking at least month before so I keep smoking till day before surgery , but after surgery till now it's for 29 days I didn't smoke , for how many more days I shouldn't smoke ?

Smoking and Rhinoplasty

+1

While you shouldn't smoke for four to six weeks following rhinoplasty, I've found that many patients choose to quit after this hiatus. Since you've already gone 29 days without smoking, why not give it a try?

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Smoking and rhinoplasty

+1

In general, you will want to avoid smoking at least 6 weeks before and 6 weeks after surgery. Nicotine itself is a vasoconstrictor. When vasoconstriction takes place, surface area inside the blood vessels decreases. This results in poor blood flow and a rise in blood pressure. In effect, healing is greatly compromised. I would highly recommend refraining from any additional smoking until 6 weeks after your procedure, as it can have a negative impact on your healing. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of your recovery. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Smoking and Rhinoplasty

+1

I would recommend stopping smoking until you are completely healed.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Smoking and rhinoplasty

+1

I usually have my patients stop s moking 3-4 weeks prior to surgery and remian off cigarettes 3-4 weeks after to allow for proper healing.