Will smoking after my BBL cause any complications?

Today is my 11th day post op after my surgery. I recently had my bbl surgery on the jan 9th and I recently picked up smoking again on the jan 16-19. Will anything happen to bbl? I stopped smoking two weeks before my surgery, and also 7 days after my surgery. But the last 4 days I've smoked... Will my butt go away? I don't feel any pain, I completely feel that I'm 85% much better than from day 1 of my surgery. I can do things on my own. Will my last 4 days effect my bbl? Please help

Absolutely, do not smoke

+2
Although we would like all of our patients to refrain from smoking for a month or so before surgery and a month or so after, there are some procedures where it really is critical.  These include facelifts, tummy tucks, and fat injections.  The survival of that fat is very precarious in the first few weeks after surgery, requiring the body's blood supply to nourish the delicate fat cells.  Even smoking one cigarette (or breathing second hand smoke) can cause a measurable decrease in capillary bloodflow.  Stop smoking immediately, hopefully you'll get lucky with little or no damage done.

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

+1
Thank you for your question, after surgery it's best if you wait at least a month o two after the surgery for you to resume smoking, since smoking can lead to complications such as fat necrosis, lack of oxygen through fat cells, and loosing fat cells as well.

Salvador Pantoja, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Smoking and surgery

+1
Smoking interferes with the healing, even one cigarette will interfere, If you develop a complication or the fat does not take, then do not blame your plastic surgeon

Smoking early post-op after a BBL

+1
Smoking cigarettes during the early post-op period will not be good for survival of the fat which relies on good oxygenated blood to survive.