How Does Smoking Affect the Outcome of a Brazilian Butt Lift?

Can smoking cause issues with the outcome of a brazilian butt lift? If you are a smoker, how far in advance should you stop smoking before the procedure?

Delay Healing

Please tell your surgeon that you've smoked if you suffer from a complication, such as infection or delayed wound recovery. You should stop for 6 weeks before and after surgery.

Smoking and cosmetic surgery

Typically we require patients to cease smoking 30 days prior to surgery. Patients or surgeons who do surgery on smoking patients are possible subject to post-surgical complications. I highly suggest that you quit prior to surgery to avoid any complications that can arise from smoking. 

Dr. Salama 

Moises Salama, MD