Will Smoking Marijuana Affect Healing After Lower Blepharoplasty?

Smoking and healing

+1

I recommend that my patients avoid smoking anything for 3 weeks after surgery- the smoke can impair oxygen delivery to your tissues which you will want to optimize to achieve the best scarring.

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Unlikely...however

+1

It is unlikely that marijuana smoking will affect your eyelid healing. However, I would still not recommend it. Your judgement may be affected with marijuana use and you may do other activities that MAY affect your healing process.

Lay off the reefer for a couple of weeks.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

+1

It probably has little effect, but why chance it?  Healing well is important and it is not merely the active ingredient of the marijuana that is inhaled.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of eyelid surgeries each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Upper-and-Lower-Eyelids.php

Smoking and Surgery

+1

The short answer is they do not mix well.

I would avoid if at all possible in the peri-operative period. The fact the question has been asked here suggests this is a possibility!

Good luck.

London Facial Plastic Surgeon

Marijuana smoking does not affect healing after lower lid blepharoplasty.

+1

Marijuana will not affect the way a lower lid blepharoplasty heals. Even patient sitter heavy cigarette smokers will really not suffer wound healing consequences with lower eyelid surgery.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,22-atlanta-eyelid.htm

Marijuana and blepharoplasty

+1

Thank you for your question about using marijuana after blepharoplasty.

• it is not a good idea. The smoke is highly irritating and toxic,
• your blepharoplasty is likely to heal more slowly,
• your eyes are likely to be more inflamed,
• your may have persistent irritation and dryness of the eyes.
• for any blepharoplasty, avoid any smoke of any kind, whether tobacco, marijuana or heavy pollution.Hope this helps. Best wishes.