Treatment for Smoker's Line Under Lower Lip?

I have lines under my lower lip. I think it's from being a smoker. What can I do?

Best treatment for smoker's lip lines is CO2 laser (ie Fraxel re:pair)

+1

To get the longest lasting, most natural look, using a Fraxel re:pair CO2 laser will give you the absolute best result for smokers lip lines. The downside is about 5 days of downtime. Dermal fillers in combination with Botox are a good second choice. Please see my examples of each on this site. The cost would be only very slightly more for the re:pair, but the duration would be about 5 years or longer. You might need 2 treatments of the upper lip lines to get the absolute best result, depending on the extent of your lines. Dermal fillers and Botox need to be redone about every 4-6 months in the lips.

Injectable Fillers work well for vertical lines around your lips and mouth.

+1

You can have significant reduction in the appearance of "smoker's lines" around your mouth. This is performaed with topical anesthetic, and there is no downtime.

I've attached a photo demonstrating this technique,

I hope this is helpful, and best regards.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon