Treatment for Smoker's Lips?

I used to smoke and I have a lot of wrinkles on my upper lip from "pursing my lips." I don't necessarily need fuller lips (although that would be OK).

My main concern is to be able to wear lipstick without having it "feather." A lot of lipsticks seem to go "upwards" toward my nose after application and I would like to be able to use the "lip stains." I made an appt to get Juvederm but I want to make sure I'm making the right decision!

Treatment for Smoker's Lips?

+1

It’s very difficult to definitively answer your question without seeing you, or at the very least seeing a photo; however, it sounds like you are a good candidate for one of the fillers, or even autologous fat grafting. 

Jonathan Ross Berman, M.D. , F.A.C.S.

Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm will work

+1

First, of all Juvederm will work fine. I would encourage Juvederm to make the lips fuller and Evolence for the smokers lines. The lips tend to swell a lot for a few days after injection, it's just the way they are. And make sure the plastic surgeon gives you infraorbital blocks first or the pain will have you never going back. Also the skin has memory and it will take time to see good results so be patient.

Fillers are great tool in the right hands. Be sure you are seeing a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Christopher L. Hess, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm

+1

Juvederm is a reasonable choice for this problem.  It is possible to treat the lines without making augmenting the lips.  You'll need to discuss carefully with your plastic surgeon.

Edmond A. Zingaro, MD